Top Flight Routes
Air France Cancellation Policy - Refund Policy
Air France is France's national carrier, flying passengers and cargo to 175 locations in 78 countries. In 2019, the Group carried over 104 million passengers on an average of 2,300 flights per day. During these erratic and unpredictable times, travel plans are constantly changing and then some. Find out how to get your money back as soon as possible if you need to cancel your Air France flight or if the airline cancels it.
Air France Airlines Cancellation PolicyPassengers are always advised to reserve their flight tickets in advance while planning a trip to avoid last-minute problems. However, there are times when consumers may need to cancel their flights due to unforeseen circumstances. Fortunately, several airlines are aware of such circumstances and provide travelers with the option to easily cancel their flights.
Air France Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Passengers who have booked a flight with the airline are given the option of canceling their flight within 24 hours. Furthermore, if a passenger cancels their flight within 24 hours of purchase, they are not charged a cancellation fee. In addition, for the 24-hour cancellation, the flight ticket must have been purchased at least seven days before departure. If a flight is canceled just a few hours before it is scheduled to depart, the passenger will be charged a cancellation fee. Furthermore, cancellation fees may vary according to the fare class.
Air France Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
According to the Air France 24 hour cancellation policy, travelers who wish to cancel their tickets within the first 24 hours of making a reservation with Air France Airlines will not be charged a cancellation fee.
It is vital to remember that travelers who seek for cancelling their reservations over the same day but beforehand midnight won’t have their accounts debited.
What is the best way of canceling Air France tickets online?
Passengers who are unsure of the way of canceling an Air France ticket over the internet should follow the instructions outlined below:
- To initiate the Air France cancellation procedure, you must have access to an active internet connection.
- Type the official Air France website into the search box and press the enter key.
- Now go to the Air France airlines homepage and log in to the account that you must have registered with them.
- Select "Booking" or "My Bookings" or "My Trip" from the "Booking" or "My Bookings" or "My Trip" tab.
- Following your selection of the option of my trips, a list of reservations will appear on the screen, and you will need to select the trip that you wish to cancel.
- A pop-up notice will appear on the screen after you pick the trip for cancellation. It will ask you to confirm whether you are sure you want to cancel the selected trip.
- If you want to cancel the trip you selected, make sure you click the option "Yes.".
- The selected trip will be officially canceled once you press the confirmation button.
- The airline will send a message to the registered phone number informing them of the cancellation.
- Fill out the refund claim form. The money will be credited to the same account that was used to make the reservation.
- After deducting the cancellation fee, the refund will be given after 10 business days (if any).
- Refunding a ticket through the internet
Air France Airlines Cancellation Fee
The following are the fastest methods for processing refunds (in descending order of speed):
Air France Airlines Same Day Cancellation Policy
You can seek a refund online by heading to the Review / Modify Your Bookings page. You are eligible to get a refund if you bought a refundable ticket. But it should be without or with a penalty or a non-refundable ticket on www.airfrance.ca. Please note that only taxes and fees will be returned on non-refundable tickets.
You may buy a ticket with more than one person included in the same booking file. In this case, the refund request applies to all tickets on the file, as long as each ticket allows returns.
Air France Airlines Refund PolicyThe refund is contingent on your ticket's tariff conditions.
- Please contact the travel agent directly if you purchased your tickets through a travel agency. The same is applicable for transactions done through an online travel website.
- The information on this page about refunds only pertains to qualifying tickets purchased in Canada. Please refer to the related website if you purchased your ticket in another country (or on another country's website). Go to www.airfrance.com or click on "other countries" at the top of this page. You can do this to access Air France websites all over the world.
- Depending on the restrictions applicable to the fare type purchased, a cancellation fee may apply to all tickets. People need to be aware of this. These rules should have been communicated to you when you purchased your ticket.
Never miss out on exclusive travel deals!